- Apple’s livestream of its iPhone 12 launch event on Tuesday was not available to watch on top Chinese social media platforms.
- Tencent Video, iQiyi, Bilibili, and Weibo didn’t stream the event.
- Bloomberg reported that the platforms canceled coverage without explanation.
- The event garnered massive interest in China, Apple’s second-largest market by revenue, and the iPhone 12 was the top topic on Weibo.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Top Chinese social media platforms reportedly pulled their planned coverage of Apple’s iPhone 12 livestream on Tuesday, despite massive interest in the event.
When Apple revealed the iPhone 12, its first 5G phone, video platforms such as Tencent Video, iQiyi, Bilibili, and Weibo didn’t carry the event, despite originally planning to, Bloomberg reported.
The report said the platforms gave no explanation for not showing the event in China, Apple’s second-largest market by revenue.
The iPhone 12 was later ranked the top