- Amazon unveiled the first of its three custom electric delivery vehicles made by Michigan-based Rivian on Thursday morning.
- The vans would hit the road in 2021, it said, and can last up to 150 miles on a single charge.
- The vehicles are Alexa-integrated, and have multiple exterior cameras to give the driver a 360-degree view of their surroundings.
- The custom vans also include a “dancefloor” inside the driver’s cabin, Amazon added — likely referring to the open space where the driver can move around.
- Amazon aims to have 10,000 of these vans in operation as early as 2022, and 100,000 by 2030.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Amazon unveiled its first custom electric delivery vehicle on Thursday morning – and it plans to have 100,000 on the road within a decade.
The vehicles are made by Michigan-based Rivian, and Amazon is aiming to deploy the first of them