Finalists announced for the annual event celebrating girls and women and STEAM.
ATLANTA (PRWEB) October 06, 2020
The Women of the Year Awards in STEAM gathers top Georgia companies at the forefront of science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) industries to recognize and announce the Woman of the Year – women who demonstrate leadership and vision in business, and are remarkable women who make a difference in our community. Additionally, one special WIT Girl will be recognized as the Girl of the Year for her exemplary achievement and dedication to STEAM education and for the first time, WIT will be awarding Campus Student of the Year.
This year, 140 women were honored by being nominated as a Woman of the Year in STEAM. Each honoree holds a business or STEAM leadership role within an organization in Georgia or have shown excellence in STEAM education studies.
One winner from each category will be announced on Thursday, November 12, 2020 at the WIT Awards Virtual Gala event. Here are this year’s finalists in eight categories:
- Gladys Delancey-Bolding, Scientist- Biologue Laboratorium
- Michelle Yi, Practice Lead, Global AI Center of Purpose- Slalom
- Kashmira Date, Medical Officer & Activity Team Lead- Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- Venessa Harrison, President of AT&T Georgia- AT&T
- Beth Mynatt, Regent’s Professor & Executive Director- Georgia Tech’s Institute for People and Technology
- Namita Tirath, Co-Founder & Chief Customer Officer- Pyramid Consulting, Inc.
- Paula Garcia Todd, Global Strategic Manager- DuPont
- Anna Kupchenko, Director, IT Business Applications- Finance- SiteOne Landscape Supply
- Prital Ullal, Executive Director Enterprise Data & Analytics- NCR Corporation
- Candice Alger, Supervising Producer/Professor of Practice Virtual- Georgia State University
- Dot Bustelo, Founder and CEO- Loupe Art
- LaRonda Sutton, Owner- Entertainment.gov
- Sofiya Anikina, Data Analytics Manager- InComm
- Shalini Joshi, Executive Director of IT- NCR
- Tina Wilson, Deputy Chief Financial Officer- City of Atlanta
Build Her Up: Award presented to a Georgia based man that champions for women in their networks, workplaces and communities:
- Clint Bailey, Managing Partner- HUNTER Technical Resources
- Bryson Koehler, CTO- Equifax
- Grant Shih, CIO- National DCP
Woman to Watch
- Jamila Brown, Co-Founder- Cloud Tech Academy
- Maranie Brown, Senior Digital Program Manager- You Are Here (YAH) Agency
- Shanita Drake, Technology Staff Director- State Farm Insurance
- Alean Cook, Computer Science Department Chair/Instructor- Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School
- Sonal Dekhane, Interim Dean, School of Science & Technology- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Valarie Mackey, CEO- WrightNow Solutions
The 2020 Women of the Year Awards in STEAM will be held on Thursday, November 12.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for purchase. To purchase a Sponsorship online, visit: https://bit.ly/2020WOTYSponsorship . Available sponsorship opportunities include:
Gold Sponsor: $10,000; Silver Sponsor: $6,500; Bronze Sponsor: $3,000
Individual Tickets, Group tickets and VIP Reception Tickets to attend the event are available for purchase online, visit: https://bit.ly/2020WITWOTY
Individual tickets: $50; Group of 10 are available at $450 and $1,500 for group of ten attendees that would like VIP access, visit: https://bit.ly/WOTY2020Registration
For questions about event sponsorship, contact Penny Collins at [email protected] or by phone at 470-264-1782. More information about WIT Awards can be found at http://www.mywit.org
For the original version on PRWeb visit: https://www.prweb.com/releases/women_in_technology_announces_the_2020_women_of_the_year_in_steam_award_finalists/prweb17442930.htm